All MetroPCS phones sold after July 2015 require the pre-installed official MetroPCS Device Unlock App in order to successfully network unlock your phone.
METROPCS – NEW POPULAR MODELS (APP UNLOCK)
- METROPCS – Alcatel TRU *NEW!*
- METROPCS – Alcatel Fierce 4 *NEW!*
- METROPCS – Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL – OT-5054N
- METROPCS – HTC Desire 626s – NM80PM9110
- METROPCS – Kyocera Hydro ELITE / Wave – C6740N
- METROPCS – LG G Stylo – LG-MS631
- METROPCS – LG Stylo 2 Plus – LG-MS550 *NEW!*
- METROPCS – LG Leon 4G LTE – LG-MS345
- METROPCS – LG K7 – MS330
- METROPCS – LG K10 – MS428
- METROPCS – Samsung Galaxy J7 – SM-J700T1
- METROPCS – Samsung Galaxy S7 – SM-G930T1
- METROPCS – Samsung Galaxy Core Prime – SM-G360T1
- METROPCS – Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime – SM-G530T1
- METROPCS – Samsung Galaxy On5 – SM-G550T1 *NEW!*
- METROPCS – ZTE Obsidian – Z820
- METROPCS – ZTE AVID PLUS -Z828 *NEW!*
- METROPCS – ZTE ZMAX PRO – Z981 *NEW!*
- METROPCS – CoolPad Catalyst – 3622a *NEW!*
- METROPCS – ANY 2016 / 2017 / 2018 ANDROID SMART PHONE not already listed! *VERY NEW!*
Connect to Wi-Fi, and then follow this step by step tutorial for completing the unlock.
That’s it! – Your phone is permanently unlocked!
Here is the text version of the instructions.
- First, please connect to Wi-Fi.
- Open the “device unlock” application (Found in Applications or Security)
- Continue, and Click Permanent Unlock.
- Unlock Approved! – Continue, by pressing Restart Now.
- Congratulations! Your phone is unlocked and for use with any GSM compatible phone service carrier!
- NOTE: If the error is “server not responding” then you need to try later, or connect to an alternate internet service. For best results, use your home Wi-Fi so that you’re absolutely certain a firewall or other login is not preventing the connection. – See Troubleshooting Tips
Need help? Check out our trouble shooting tips, and you’re always welcome to chat with us 24 hours a day.